Milestones 1925 ~ 1950

1928 First wind tunnel was designed and built.

1932 The Aeronautics Department became a sub-department of Engineering. The move of Engineering from Free School Lane to the site at Scroope House was completed.

1934 First Chair of Mechanical Sciences.

1940 London University evacuated to Cambridge. Members of Queen Mary College shared use of the facilities.

1943 John Fleetwood Baker was elected to the Chair of Mechanical Sciences.

1945 First Chair in Electrical Engineering. Chair in Chemical Engineering.

1948 Inglis building completed. Mural by Tony Bartl presented to the Department.