1945

Inglis building completed

Plan of Inglis BulidingThe Inglis building was the first building on the Scroope House site. The original design for the Inglis building is shown to the left.

Click on the image to view it.

A generous gift of 25000 from Sir Dorabji Tata of Caius College, head of the great Indian engineering combine allowed work on the building to begin. (The text of Tata's letter to the Vice Chancellor can be viewed here). Stage one was completed in 1920.