Material Selection and Processing
The TEP Package
The package consists of:
- Multimedia CD-ROM: including a software selection tool,
material property database and printable versions of the
material selection charts.
- A3 full colour case study booklet:
starting with a tutorial on product analysis, this
booklet undertakes 3 case studies in order to demonstrate
the concepts involved in successful selection. The case
studies are useful for DT as a whole, but each is
targeted at a slightly different audience:
- 13A plug: systems and general
- drinks containers: graphics and soft
- bike: engineering and mechanics.
Each case study is about 8 sides and focuses on
particular design issues for the product concerned. Web-ready
versions of the tutorial and plug case study can be found
on the main WWW site.
- A4 booklet of charts: containing a
colour version of each of the 11 material selection
charts with summarised information on its features and
use as well as some simple questions; also included are
B&W versions of the charts for photocopying.
- Teacher booklet: further details on
selection charts and process selection as well as answers
to all the questions raised in the Charts in Action and
the Case Study booklet.
The package is priced £36 (+p&p) and can be ordered from
Gastby TEP at 4/7 Red Lion Court, London EC4A 3EB..