Scroope House

Scroope House had been built in 1837 for William Clark, the Professor of Anatomy and brother-in-law of the Reverend Robert Willis, the Jacksonian Professor who did so much to pave the way towards the establishment of Engineering in the mid 19th century.

It was demolished in 1961.

Scroope House

Scroope House c.1920

A map of Cambridge from 1875, showing Scroope House. Cambridge Map (1875)